Friday, September 14, 2012

Indoor Day | The Earth is Yours


Levi and I had so much fun creating the moon that we decided to create the earth as seen from space. You may have noticed I love coffee filters. Filters are all you need for a good time: Coffee for grown-ups, crafts for kids.  This activity involved colouring the filter with washable felt pens (green and blue) and then using an eye dropper to squirt water on the felt to make it run. Once the filter dried we glued on torn up cotton pads to create the effect of swirling clouds.




The simplicity of this activity is what makes it so great to do with a toddler. It teaches them to look at the world from a different perspective. Levi kept saying to me,"I'm having a good time with you mommy." 

Music to my ears.

P.S. All the activities we do are messy.

Want to craft together? Follow Elasticpantcity on Facebook or Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment