Sunday, September 30, 2012

IDS West | Woodn't You Know It

Table and headboard by Live Edge Design
This weekend I had a press pass for the Interior Design Show West (IDS West). Never one to pass up on any form of artistic innovation I hauled my camera to the Vancouver Convention Centre to discover what was happening in the world of interior design. Wood you like to know? It seems that it's not just everyone on Pinterest reclaiming old things and making them new. Specifically stumps and driftwood. The look of the finished wood is polished, but rough, allowing the grain and imperfections of the wood to show through. The quality of the workmanship was second to none and the organic appearance of the furniture was so very Vancouver.

Piece by mth woodworks
Desk by Jenna Dacyk
Rocking chair by Brendan Gallagher
The One of a Kind District at IDS West was my favourite place to visit. The horse is from The Found and The Freed, a shop that displays a carefully selected and quirky collection of vintage finds. I've decided to do two more posts on my IDS West experience. In the next one I'll tell you more about the amazing local crafters I discovered in the One of a Kind District.

3 comments:

  1. I loved all of these posts. A lot of these things we have, but I got some really great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you took all these photographs..because for some strange reason i missed all these beautiful pieces that night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, I missed the Aya Kitchens booth, designed by Kelly Deck Designs. An entire booth! Every one was raving about it.

    ReplyDelete