Monday, May 21, 2012

Rework


This dress and I have had a rocky relationship. It started off fitting perfectly and I was going to leave it as the 70s vintage piece that it is. However, two mishaps at the dry cleaners later, including all the buttons disintegrating and serious shrinkage of the sleeves, and I'm ready to rework her into something new. I don't really care for the top half of the dress so I'm going to go to town with my seam ripper and whip up a whole new look on my sewing machine. I'm thinking this sketch below, inspired by the beige and red peplum dress via Vanessa Jackman


What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I personally love the peplum style...I say go for it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too LOVE the Peplum trend. I actually just made a Peplum Top from tripped 2 tee's. I can't wait to see what you come up with as a final product. Re-using is so much fun!

    Lovely Blog, stumbled across it thanks to your achievements at VancouverMom.ca - Congrats on making the top 30, I too am in the top with all the other lovelies.

    Looking forward to meeting you on June 13th!

    Xo
    Tairalyn

    www.LittleMissMama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally do it!! I definitely want to see a DIY on how to create a peplum top!!




    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete