Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eggsactly

Every week my family hosts a group of guys and gals from our church for a time of discussing the Sunday message and giving us an opportunity to take care of one another in a small group setting. It's pretty important to meet like this when you have a church of close to 1000 people. How else would you get to know anyone!? I love this group. They are family. Each one has an amazing story, awes me with their generosity and has made me laugh until my tummy hurts. 

We're not hosting an Easter dinner this year but I thought it would be fun to get crafty and decorate our kitchen with Easter themed loving for our group. I got my hands very sticky making this threaded mobile of egg shaped orbs. Go here for a how to. They suggested making the orbs egg sized but I took that to mean ostrich sized eggs!

I also whipped up some fun coconut nest cupcakes which prompted my hubby to say, "Oh right, 'cause bunnies don't lay eggs." Yes, that is true. The idea is from here.





I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and as I said last year, "May you mourn on Good Friday, reflect on Silent Saturday and celebrate on Resurrection Sunday!"


No comments:

Post a Comment