Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pick-Me-Up

My weakness is peanut butter and chocolate. When I'm having a hard day a little bit of sweetness is a great pick-me-up. We've had some rough nights lately and I finally sent Ben and Levi to my in-laws to for some R & R while I stayed home with Jethro. I was so sad to see my boys go that I busied myself in the kitchen, experimenting with my two favorite ingredients. I tried one recipe for peanut butter cups which did not turn out. Maybe it was my skill level but I suspect it was a recipe that was not tested well and so I came up with my own and... it worked!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Puffs 

Ingredients:
1 cup of peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
1/2 cup of coconut
Bag of chocolate chips
Tooth picks

Steps:
1. Mix together peanut butter, confectioners sugar and coconut until completely blended
2. Make tablespoon sized balls of the peanut butter mix and place them on wax paper in a container. Place in the freezer for two hours
2. Take the chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave one handful at a time until completely smooth
3. Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer and if necessary remold them into round balls (Sometimes they lose a bit of shape in the freezer). Place tooth picks in each ball and dip them into the chocolate until completely covered. Place them in the fridge until chocolate is hardened
4. Remove tooth picks, and voila! Soooo tasty!



1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious, Michelle! I'll have to make them.

    ReplyDelete