Monday, October 31, 2011

Who Who!

 It is my dream to have a tickle box full of whimsical costumes for my children to wear while fantasizing about creation, distant lands and hidden treasures. Halloween is a good excuse to put effort into a costume that will stand the test of time and be passed down between siblings. I had so much fun making this owl costume for Levi and it was surprisingly simple. I didn't follow a pattern but instead based the costume on a few pictures I found while browsing Pinterest. I used all scrap fabric and an old t-shirt. The only items we purchased were for the owl head and that cost about $4.00. I have a wonderful husband who put together the head (How sweet is it that Ben actively participated in the creative process?)

Levi loved his costume and especially the wings. It was beautiful to walk the neighborhood with him and watch as he make-believed being an owl in flight. He paused under trees and pointed to his "roost" in the branches. Levi was exhilarated when a gusty wind would blow his feathers and he'd fight to "fly" against it. In the evening all his cousins and his best pal came to our neighborhood for trick-or-treating. It was a magical night full of innocence rather than the ghost and ghouls that Halloween usually represents.

I will be sure to post pictures of the shark, kitty, dragon and paper bag princess later this week.




5 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed!!! Cutest costume ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how precious! What a great costume! :)


    Best,
    Danielle
    http://loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great, Michelle. Almost makes me like Halloween... If everyone could be adorable owls for a day, the world would be a pleasanter place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Michelle. Love the owl costume. Well done. :-D

    ReplyDelete