Friday, September 16, 2011

Soon

Nine more days until Jethro is due. I can barely have a conversation without gripping a counter top and sucking in my breath as waves of Braxton Hicks hit me. I never had any pre-labour contractions with Levi but when Jethro moves he brings on sharp pain, especially in my lower back. I know I'm not in labour but it is a clear reminder of what I will soon be experiencing. 

Soon.

 It's hard to believe that our lives are going to become more full and busy any day now. I have a million things I want to do. Most of which involve overhauling rooms in our house and have nothing to do with preparing for a baby. I guess because I'm ready. We have the practical care items and honestly, what more does a newborn need then boobs, a bed and a bath? And loads of hugs, kisses and cuddles. 

The most important thing is to not wish away the newborn stage. The sleepless nights and raging hormones can't overshadow the beauty of watching a human being learn and grow. Before I know it Jethro will be like Levi, an independent little man with the ability to reject my hugs and kisses. It's insane to witness how Levi is geared towards the arts, just like his daddy. 

What will Jethro be like? 

Just to prove how fast they grow, here's a video bringing you the cutest moment of your day.



P.S. I'll be announcing the Repo Wear winner by the end of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Your post brought tears to my eyes! And that video is the cutest thing ever!! Seriously, if you guys need ANYTHING, let us know!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video and I loved even more that I got to see it happen first-hand. It was the cutest thing ever of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing the video and your posts almost always make me smile.Prayers and blessings as you welcome your newest memeber. God is good.

    ReplyDelete