Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pretty Pairing

For Father's Day/my daddy's birthday we had the family over for a feast on Saturday. Against my vegetarian leanings and abhorrence for red meat I went out and bought the biggest, baddest steak I could find for the men.

 I learned it is a danger for my wallet to go into a butcher shop and ask, "I know nothing about steak, what should I get?" I walked away with half a cow. But the men loved it! Pair the red meat with a full-bodied Merlot and the boys were lying around like fattened calfs (A saying with so many meanings!) after supper.

During the day on Saturday I scrambled to take more photos for my online shop (which still remains nameless) to get my site up and running. When I say scrambled, I mean it. A lot has to be accomplished while a two year old naps!

These are two more items that will be in the shop once it opens. The fiery red blouse has beautiful detailing, is semi-sheer, soft and flowy. I picture it with a matching American Apparel bandeau or tank underneath. These lounge pants are super cute and comfy. I love the idea of pairing the two together for a bold contrast in colour on a summer evening.


What a satisfying weekend: Time to day dream and create, as well as to love on the wonderful fathers in my life. Hope you all had a beautiful weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment