Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Little Man

Photo by my lovely sister-in-law, Esther

I can barely stand that my baby looks like such a little boy in this picture. He always sucks his bottom lip in when he's concentrating. I love that his face is slightly smudged with dirt because it is so true to his every day look. My neighbor saw him in passing and was struck by how grown-up he suddenly looked. It's true. It happened overnight. This photo should be a reminder to me to not wish a way the baby stage with Jethro. Before you know it, the baby is gone, replaced by a little man. 

I've been very busy pursuing some of my own interests in the last while and although it is exciting, I felt like a piece of me was missing. I think it is just that my heart cannot fully engage in an activity outside of motherhood and being a wife. It is the role that I feel most called to and most in love with. Even though it is hard. And sometimes repetitive. And sticky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment