Thursday, December 16, 2010

Uncle Sparky



I've said it before and I'll say it again, "It takes a whole village to raise a child." I'm very thankful that our village is very large! Levi has nine aunties and uncles and that doesn't even count all the friends who have become adopted family. Or his Uncle Sparky....the dog.

One of the things I love most about my siblings are their incredible talents and creativity. Case in point: My sister-in-law Lizzy. Lizzy has trained Sparky to do unreal tricks that Levi has yet to master or may never. For example, can Levi do hand stands? No, unless falling off the couch head first counts.

Sparky can also blow bubbles in the water. So what's the big deal you ask? Have you ever tried to teach a toddler how to blow bubbles rather than inhale a mouthful of water? For months Ben was trying to teach Levi how to blow bubbles in the bath. Instead Levi would inhale soapy water. Levi thought it was hysterical (I don't know why. When I was growing up a mouthful of soap was a form of punishment for a potty mouth. Anyone else?).

This video of Sparky, done by Lizzy for the Most Incredible Small Dog Contest by Beneful Incredibles, is unreal. Lizzy is an amazing trainer and it didn't surprise me at all when a few months ago, Lizzy found out she and Sparky had won!

Levi is so lucky to be surrounded by creativity. I can't wait to see how it influences him as he grows up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment