Sunday, December 26, 2010

Simple But Profound

If we clean up the commercial landfill that Christmas has become it is interesting to see what's left lying beneath. Ben and I try to keep our Christmas simple in the area of gift-giving and extravagant in loving others. I wish I could say our motivation for doing this is completely pure but we are also severely constrained by our budget. Although I miss having piles of presents under the tree I've come to appreciate the Christmas traditions we can celebrate as a family that have no cost to them.

On Christmas morning Levi had a little stocking filled with musical instruments. We pulled them out and sang this song together, plain in lyrics but profound in meaning. I hope that this will be our tradition on Christmas morning for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment