Monday, March 1, 2010

"Get The Skinny"


Skinny jeans are not meant to be maternity pants. Shocking, right? My skinny jeans represented a post-baby body that now feels like a long-lost friend. The above method of allowing my skinny jeans to grow with my belly seemed brilliant until I realized I was walking around with an elastic band holding my pants up, and my fly wide open.

  Disappointed but not defeated, I was ecstatic to find a pair of skinny jean maternity pants at H & M. In my naivety I failed to realize that it's not only your stomach that grows while pregnant.

 If ever pregnant again, I'm hoping skinny jeans will no longer be around to tempt me. Fortunately I have now discovered that companies like Mavi will turn any of their jeans into maternity wear. Note to self: Mavi's boyfriend style would convert perfectly to fit a baby belly.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you can wear skinny jeans at all, let alone while pregnant is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete